Followers

Friday, July 8, 2016

Make Us Matter

Make Me Matter

Everyone wants to feel mattered. Everyone wants to be heard. 

Me Starting Over

After I quit my job, I started to actively get involved in whatever that matters to me.
Firstly, i started to see the family business (my other half is working on) in a different light, constantly sharing ideas and sometimes I have to do the 'job' myself.

On course,  i started joing muay thai and kickboxing..never though of this. jajaja
And then, we saw a small martial arts gym being born (an addition to the laundry and supply job we have)
I started to run counselling sessions for athletes and adults.
I did all sorts of things and ventured in all sorts of small time businesses.

Running Counseling sessions for the Juvenile boys were easy, well...at least because they can hear what I speak.

But, running a counseling session with deaf? How many Counsellors in Malaysia has the background, knowledge for this? For one, I am a registered Counsellor with the Malaysian Board of Counsellors, and I have the education background that is needed to run a counselling session. I am still not competent in signing, but at least one leg is already there. Still a very long way to go. And I am still looking for an opportunity to be a super competent signer. Gallaudet University is still in my mind.

Yes of course we can hire competent translators. But how well verse are the translators with a counselling atmosphere? We all know different situations needs different competent translators as to minimize the miscommunication by signing back the meaning to and fro. Becoming a translator in a court is not the same like someone who translates for the weather forecast..Isn't it?

And don't you think the Deaf should have their own right to choose? To choose whether or not they would like to have a translator in a counseling session? Rather than we force the choice on them?

Arghh... so much to say, so many things I've tried. I've tried till I broke down. Is it worth it? Why is this happening to me? ( I will write everything about this later on the next chapter)

It was still not enough for me...I WANT to do something ELSE, that matters to the community even on a small scale.

I am Starting All OVER again from being poor...

Till next time :)  







No comments:

Post a Comment