Followers

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Me and my Me Time

Volunteering has never occured to me. It was never in my bucket list and was never a goal either.
However, when I started to re-think my purpose in this world and gave myself time to re-set my goals, I saw the world differently. I am not born into this world to 'Live to Work',  but rather  'Work to Live'

 Weird but true, now I find solace in volunteering works. I consider it as one of my Me Time. :)

Of course, my counseling background has helped me in so many ways now, dealing with people and also dealing with my own emotion and feelings.

Taking it another step...

A new chapter I am embarking right now is pursuing my doctorate. It is definitely not an easy quest for me. I have taken almost 2 years to find a suitable proposal. And the day I have identified a supervisor, my proposal was rejected. TWICE! I am still reading, reading, synthesizing and tweaking my proposal.

Sometimes I feel it is not worth it. Not worth the hardship. I am not getting younger. However, a voice in my head says that opportunities will eventually come, many doors will open up for me afterwards. Somehow, this is what keeps me going. To not lose focus and stay on the path. 

Me Time...

Apart from my works with the Deaf and the suicide prevention line team, I also enjoy martial arts, yoga and outdoor training beside the beach!

Here, let me share you some photos of me enjoying those activities! I am trying to get more photos with my FACE in it~ Ha ha. I am always the one who takes these photos on behalf of the gym. 

Our gym is located in Kota Kinabalu and goes by the name of  Revolution Fitness & Training Gym. 

Me, my partner and one of our friend decided to open up this fitness & training gym on April 2015. The initial idea was to rent a place just to gather up close friends and to do fun activities (all about cardio fitness), it so happen during rainy seasons when we were not able to do our activities outside. It did not occur to us to actually make it a business entity. Since, it is now a business entity, the place is taken care of and laid with proper training mats, boxing and kicking bags, boxing gloves and body pads.

I know....pink handwraps. I love 'em
Hm.....hehehe....a pose for the camera.
Notice the mats? This was us during our early stages of opening the gym, we did not have enough money to cover all the floor with this Eva Foam mat.
I hope you can see me (beside the bag)










Me infront ( the one raising the left hand)
Aha....had fun with our outdoor activities. Which afterwards we helped to clean up the beach. Rubbish were swept by the current to the beach side. A dirty sight to see!



No comments:

Post a Comment